Monday, December 28, 2009

I need a good ferret shampoo. Any one know one?

My little man is DEW (Dark eyed white) and i need a good ferret shampoo that will brighten his coat and make him look more white. I'm just looking for a shampoo maybe even people who show their ferrets use. I just want my little man to look his best. He's my only pet so i spoil him lolI need a good ferret shampoo. Any one know one?
The best I have found is called Hi-Lyte (there's a whole line of shampoos, cream rinses, and leave-in conditioners that don't contain soap or harsh chemicals). It's sold at vet offices. It is soap-free and full of softeners and fatty acids. It also doesn't make them produce more oils, so they don't go through the 'smells worse than before' phase. They just smell *good* and it won't irritate skin. A good pore-opener and de-clogger is Oxy-Dex. It's a little stronger (so don't use it each time 1-2 times a year), and you can follow up with Hi-Lyte cream rinse. Oxy-Dex is good for ferrets prone to rat-tail or black heads (has benzole peroxide--so spot treatment might be best if you do need to use it).I need a good ferret shampoo. Any one know one?
i asked a pet store the same question and they said not to bath your ferrets because it releases odors from their skin which causes them to stink. (why some ferrets stink)





but there is an oil you can buy at a local pet store to use to clean them without causing the odor.
Ferret Sheen-Cucumber Melon Scent. Tear free, gentle, makes coat soft and shiny, eliminates odors. I found this to be the best shampoo.
well i use baby shampoo on my rats because all teh regular pet shampoos driy my rats skins out and fur, so the baby shampoo makes there hair really soft and stuff....

No comments:

Post a Comment