Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why does my puppy get fleas one day after I wash her with flea shampoo???

PLEASE READ WHOLE THING!


My puppy is a german shepard/golden retriever and is seven wks. She has black rough spots (not fur color) on her head (not sure if fleas) and blach hard bumps. I just washed her one day ago with ';Flea %26amp; tick Sponge-on'; but now there are wierd black and stiff stuff on her body. PLEASE HELP! :(Why does my puppy get fleas one day after I wash her with flea shampoo???
Maybe she got back into the Fleas, you might want to get your house exterminated. Or it might take a week or 2 for the shampoo to work inWhy does my puppy get fleas one day after I wash her with flea shampoo???
Make sure you wash ALL of her bedding! Including your bedding and any other couch covers, other dogs bedding annnd anything that the fleas could have come in contact with, especially carpet!!


Fleas love a clean coat, so even if you get rid of the ones that were on her, the ones in her bedding, couch, ect. will just jump right on!!Good luck!! Fleas are horrid.
fleas don't just stay on puppies!! they are in the carpet and in the furniture etc,, also most shampoos do not kill the eggs and they hatch after you shampoo it!!! you may have a yard full of fleas too,, they had to come from somewheres!! so you need to treat your yard too...however,, what you said about the bumps etc is not FLEAS!!! your pup has something else..
Continue to wash and bathe her every few days. You may need to visit the animal clinic to see if they have something for this. As it could be an allergy for young pets.


She may possibly be allergic to the shampoo you are using. Was the black bumps already there before shampoo? Try calling the clinic and see if they know what it could be. This is the best advice I can think of.
Well do what the directions say and if that doesn't work go to the vet. But if you don't want to do that maybe you sould do it every day intill the fleas are all gone.
flea shampoo kills the fleas that are on her at bathtime. Fleas don't live on the dog but in the carpet and furniture or the ground and once she's dry the fleas are on her feeding on her blood.


I suggest taking her to teh vets and make sure this is the problem and get a once a mnth flea treatment.


You may also want to exterminate or bomb your house as teh saying goes for every flea you find on the dog there is 100 in teh house .
A flea shampoo is only good for the dog...After you wash him...You must also treat the places in which the dog sit and lays down...A flea bomb might be required because fleas that are not on your dog will find the way back to your dog again., and again...


I set a few flea bombs in my apartment and while on, I took my dog to the vet and had him de flea it....Before I brough my dog back to the apt. I wash all my covers, sheets and such. plus I vacumm all the rugs again.


Good luck
Flea Shampoo only kills whatever is on them, at the time of the bath. Go to Wal-Mart %26amp; buy some cheap garlic/yeast pills or garlic by itself. Stick this in his daily food %26amp; do it every day; after a week or two, you will then see a 95% flea reduction. You have to give it to them every day, for their bodies doesn't store it, %26amp; it takes a while for it to get into all the pores of his skin. If you need to, you can coat the pills with margarine or peanut butter or whatever the dog really likes.
My cat had fleas really bad and I went to the pet store and talked to those people. There is a pill you can give your cat or dog(safe for both) called CapStar. They kill the fleas within 15 minutes and fleas stay off for 24 hours. I suggest that you give the puppy a pill..(roll up in cheese or stick in a soft dog treat) and sweep your floors really goood! There is some flea carpet powder you can buy at walmart. Thats what I did and my cat has no longer had any fleas! Hope it works!
Actually, fleas are more attracted to clean hair than dirty hair.





So basically washing your dog may make it smell better, but makes him/her more susceptible to fleas at the same time.





I would recommend an anti flea drop, it works on my dog.
Most flea shampoos are crap that will do more harm than good. Go to the vet and get some frontline or a similar product.
Because flea shampoo doesn't work!! No flea treatments from pet stores do!!





You need to get proper flea treatment from a vets, they're the only ones that work.





Flea look like small, black or brown fast moving insects. You don't always see them when they're present - you're more likely to see their poos when you comb your dog. These look like clusters of black specks, comma or spiral shaped. They turn red when you put them on wet paper because they're digested blood.





Don't wash her for 48 hours before or after applying and proper flea stuff. I'm not sure what you're describing is fleas, but regardless, flea shampoo won't work and all dogs need to be flea treated. If you don't think it is fleas, take her to a vet to be looked at and find out what it is.





Chalice
CUZ IF U USED THE SHAMPOO FROM A WAL MART K MARTS OR SOME OTHER PLACE THAN A VET ITS NO GOOD!!!!! THAT JUNK ALOT OF PEOPLE WASTE MONY ON IS LOUSY.....


REASON I SAY THIS THE SHAMPOO IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO KILL ALL FLEAS;


IN STORE SHAMPOOS ARE ABOUT 1 TO 3% OF INGRENTENS YOU NEED THATS NOT ENOUGH


YOU WAST TIME MONEY WATER AND COULD HARM YOUR PET WITH THESE PRODUCTS,,,,,,


GO TO YOUR VET HAVE CRITTER CK OUT THEN SEE ABOUT REAL FLEA KILL FROMYOUR VET,,,,,
I would take her to a vet, or at least call a vet, but it could be because the fleas don't only live on her, they live every where (not to gross you out, but...) they can live on you, carpet, furniture, trampolines, (lice can too) other animals, pretty much anything 'furry' or 'hairy' Ivory soap kills fleas too, that way you don't have to use the probably pricy flea shampoo, and you can clean everything! (especally is she is indoors) and when i mean clean everything, litterally CLEAN EVERYTHING!!! if it is in anyway posible to clean, clean it, you want those fleas gone! I know! Another thing you need to do is get her on advantix as soon as she is old enough, (not sure the age, I THINK 6 mmonths, but it may even be younger) their are other brands, but that's what I like the best. I have no clue what the rough black spots are, that is why I recomend a vet! Good luck and I hope you solve the problem!
maby....some evil dude, replaced the bottle of Flea repellent....with flea attractor.... have u tried pulling off the label to reveal the true contents of the bottle?


o.O
  • nba
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment