Thursday, January 7, 2010

According to Andrew Marr it is better to never wash or shampoo one's hair. Any comments?

He's right - you should never need to wash your hair. The only reason hair gets greasy and smelly is precisely because we wash it too much. Shampoo strips the scalp of its natural oils and when washed, it goes onto overdrive to produce more.





If you stop washing it (you can rinse it with water, just don't use shampoo), it starts to clean itself after about 6 weeks - I did it once for a year and it didn't smell or seem dirty at all. The only reason I now wash my hair is because I have it long and use straighteners, which dries it out.





But if you leave it completely to its own devices and don't tamper with it by colouring/styling/heat-drying it, it will be fine :)According to Andrew Marr it is better to never wash or shampoo one's hair. Any comments?
How about,eeeeewwwwww?According to Andrew Marr it is better to never wash or shampoo one's hair. Any comments?
true, the natural oils in your hair will keep it healthy
If you live on a desert island, with no parasites, have no skin conditions, and have no-one to offend, he's probably right.
Better for who??? Thats disgusting. And who the hell is Andrew Marr?? His hair must look like he has had 10W40 poured on his head.
Is Andrew Marr bald? I'm not sure where he's getting this idea, but it's better to wash and condition your hair regularly than to let it just be subject to weather damage.
Have you seen people who never shampoo their hair? It looks bloomin' awful! Believe me, I've seen people who preach this crap, and it's utter rot.


Centuries ago, most of us didn't really need to wash our hair. The air itself was cleaner because we weren't burning fossil fuels at a rate of knots. So if you live somewhere really primitive with no-one around to offend, go ahead and try it.
Ewww! I don't know who Andrew Marr is but that is just nasty. :P
I'd tell that person to stay at least six feet away from me.
He is an idiot. I hope he shaves his head.
it is possible for your hair to clean itself with natural oils, and it is kept just as clean as it you wash it.





however if you have been using shampoo etc... on your hair this stops the natural oils from being produced and cleaning your hair, these however kick in again after about 5 months of not washing your hair.





so stick to the shampoo.
No it isn't you filthy beast.
I sell organic produce at a local market.


Some of my customers are a group of artists all living together in a creative commune.They are lovely people %26amp; I consider them friends but my God they reek.They are all living back to nature with no man made chemicals in their diet or on their bodies.My eyes literally water when they come 2ft close to me.I have long hair %26amp; a beard %26amp; once went 3 months without a proper bath or shower while working in the artic . I'll tell you the minute I got home I must of spent 2hrs in the shower %26amp; went thru a whole bottle of shampoo.To this day I can;t go a day without running water over my head %26amp; body.
I f I don't wash my hair everyday I look and feel like cr-p. I an old geezer and still have great hair.
You need to wash!! If you are concerned, use non chemical formulas. Organical shampoo's are great. Wash ever other day as well. I do think we as a civilized world need to wash....to stop disease, lice, dander etc.
That may well be true but I would prefer to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment